As a PHP developer will be responsible for the server-side scripting, integration of front-end code into functional applications and the ingestion and creation of web services all in a fully testable, scalable, reusable and maintainable manner.
Modular, re-usable, scale-able PHP
Time projection and management
Strong grasp of PHP design patterns
Problem solving skills
Attention to detail
What you do.
All members of the back-end development team are expected to work closely with project managers and business analysts, follow company process and deliver top-notch engineered solutions both on an individual basis as part of a team.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Ability to function as part of a team in agile sprints.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Integration of back-end technologies such as third-party APIs and services.
- Integration of content management systems.
- Creation of web services for ingestion by other applications and/or companies.
- Writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way.
- Building of efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Managing cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintenance the core product software and databases.
- Production of well documented back-end code.
- Production of readme, technical and (when required) end-user documentation.
- Production of detailed specifications.
- Production of PHP code implementing the frameworks defined in the department.
- Maintenance of an obscene amount of organization on an on-going basis.
Adherence to the department naming conventions and work folder structures.
- Ability to function as part of a team in agile sprints using code distribution and versioning tools (GitLab).
- Co-ordination with other team members as well as project managers.
- Maintenance of organized file naming conventions and working directory structures.
- Maintenance of a streamlined workflow including maintenance of project related ticketing.
- Following of emerging technologies.
- Time projection and management.
- Problem solving with elegant solutions.
- Adherence to strong thinking patterns.
What you know.
To apply for this position, you should be proficient in the following:
- Strong, object-oriented, PSR compliant PHP 7.0+
- MVC design patterns
- ORM systems, preferably Eloquent
- PHP Frameworks, preferably Laravel
- PHP Unit
- Agile Development
You will be considered ahead of the curb if you have:
- Prior experience in iGaming.
- Prior experience with Vagrant
- Prior experience with Laravel and/or Lumen
- Prior experience with Predis
- Prior experience in writing PSR-2 compliant code.
- Prior experience using Jira or related ticketing
- Prior experience in CentOS systems
All applicants who which to apply for this position should have the following:
- Min. 3 years full time development
- A portfolio of work
Who you are.
- You are a person with clear thinking skills
Your thought process is logically driven, you calculate twice and fire once.
- You have remarkable attention to detail
It’s in your nature to like things done precisely, you value the importance to un-ambiguity and you tend to constantly strive towards this.
- You are a team player
Although you are independent, you function well within a team framework.
- You are a quick learner outside of programming
You get things quickly, usually without the need of too much explaining. You are a naturally intuitive person.
- You have a passion for what you do
You don’t just do what you do as a nine-to-five, it’s something you love doing and do with pride.
- You have strong communication skills
You are a good listener and can engage in meaningful conversations making sure all parties agree with the work that is being done.
- You are focused and well organized
You understand the need to keep things organized, it tends to come naturally to you as does immersing yourself in your work.
Who we are.
We are creative. We look to each other to inspire creativity and spark innovation and we understand that dreaming big is just as important as working hard. We’re a young, fresh, culture who share values and attitudes, and it is that shared culture that pushes us to achieve more, to believe in better and to think differently…. Very differently.
We find inspiration in the story of the underdog because to us, there are no roadblocks, only speed-bumps. Life at Max Entertainment is everything you’d expect it to be. Great people doing great things in a great place. We’ve carefully create the perfect blend of work/play balance that delivers great results.