- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Maxent Limited
Email address: [email protected]
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- “Identity Data” includes first name, last name, or similar identifier (only collected via Careers Page)
- “Contact Data” includes email address (only collected via Careers Page)
- “Recruitment Process Information” includes notes taken for the duration of your recruitment process relating to a job application with Max Entertainment which, in the event of an unsuccessful job application, will enable us to consider you for future vacancies which may become available;
- “Employment related Data” includes details of qualifications, skills, experience and employment history and other data which may be included in a Curriculum Vitae and/or Covering letter (in the event that you choose to upload this through the Website when applying for a role within Max Entertainment).
- “Technical Data” includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- “Usage Data” includes information about how you use our Website
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
If you are a job applicant applying for a role through the Website, it is important that you provide us with up-to-date and accurate data in order to enable us to process your application.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data and Employment related Data by filling in the job application form and submitting your CV on the Website when you apply for a job role within Max Entertainment.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may partner with third parties (like content providers and analytics companies eg. Google Analytics) to help us improve the services of the Website and better understand how you interact with the Website, as well as support our initiatives. These companies may collect information from you automatically in connection with your visit.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to analyse a job application which you submit to us;
- Where you permit us to keep your Employment related Data, to consider you for any prospective vacancies;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To review applications and register candidates as new job applicants||(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
(c)Recruitment Process Information
(d)Employment related Data
|Neccessary for our and your legitimate interests (to choose the right candidates for the job roles within Max Entertainment and to consider your application for the open job role within Max Entertainment)|
|To carry out reference checks when reviewing job applications||(a) Identity Data
(b) Recruitment Process Information
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that the right applicants are put through the recruitment process)|
|To enable Max Entertainment to respond to potential employment tribunal claims arising out of the recruitment process||(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to protect the interests of Max Entertainment in case of any claims brought against it)|
|To consider you for future job roles which may come available at a later stage||(a) Identity Data
(b) Contact Data
(c) Recruitment Process Information
(d) Employment related data
|To create Aggregated Data that Max Entertainment will use for reporting and generation of statistics|| (a) Usage Data
(b) Technical Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website||(a) Technical Data
(b) Usage Data
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our website updated and relevant and to develop our business)|
This website does not collect any personal information through Cookies.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consentin the limited situations where this is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
Your personal data may be shared with third parties on a need to know basis. This may include:
- Hiring managers involved with respect to a particular job role you have applied for;
- Individuals within the Human Resources Team at Max Entertainment as necessary;
Any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction in which information is required to be transferred to one or more third parties as part of such transaction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We may need to, on occasion, transfer your personal data to our service providers or partners outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We shall only transfer your personal data outside the EEA in the event that the respective countries to which such data is to be transferred provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
Determining whether an adequate level of protection of your personal data is provided is based on the existence of one of the following:
- The European Commission has determined that the respective third country, territory or a specified sector within that third country ensures an adequate level of protection for data transfers;
- The service provider or partner to whom your personal data is to be transferred provides appropriate safeguards and data subject rights and adequate legal remedies for data subjects are available. Appropriate safeguards can be provided in various ways including the use of standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission. For more information kindly click here.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data (kindly refer to the table above) and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We shall retain:
- Identity Data, Contact Data and Recruitment Process Information for a period of two (2) years;
- Usage Data and Technical Data for a period of two (2) years;
unless we are legally required to retain such data for a longer period of time under any applicable law, in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
We shall only retain Employment related Data for a maximum period of one (1) month from the date where we notify you of any decision of an unsuccessful application, unless you authorise us to retain such data for a longer period of time so that we may be able to consider you for any future vacancies which may arise at Max Entertainment, in which case we shall keep the data for a maximum period of two (2) years.
We shall retain Aggregated Data for an indefinite period of time as, although this stems from personal data, it does not identify you in any way and does not amount to personal data.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your Legal Rights below for further information.
In some circumstances, we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons where we need to abide by applicable laws or where otherwise there is a legitimate interest for us not to comply with such request. Otherwise, you may ask users to delete all your personal data at any point in time, and at which point we will use our best endeavours to adhere to your request. Please note that in the event that you wish for us to delete your data related to a job application, we will not be able to consider you for future job roles which may become available and which may fit your application unless you re-apply and submit the information again.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, however, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.