We are seeking a sharp and determined lawyer who can run the company legal and regulatory compliance requirements with confidence and certainty? Are you a remarkably organised critical thinker, with outstanding attention to detail, who is able to take on the legal responsibility of a fast growing group of companies in a constantly evolving industry? Can you “see around corners”, ensuring that the company is always thoroughly protected from exposure? Are you the type of person that never cracks under pressure, who breathes a strategic mindset, and who can draft contractual masterpieces on cue? If this sounds like something you’d want to take on, then we want to talk to you.
This job requires seniority in ensuring that the company is fully complaint with the constantly changing legislative requirements and regulations administered by statutory bodies on current and future regulated markets. We need to stay ahead of the curve by developing and implementing the correct policies and procedures, of which requirements are constantly changing.
As key legal counsel of the companies, you will also be required to handle all contractual requirements as well as intellectual property rights and litigation, all while providing sound legal advice and support for the business.
Knowledge on Maltese Legislation
Knowledge on EU and International Law
Knowledge in Gaming and/or IT law
Sharp, critical thinker with immaculate judgement
Attention to detail
What you do.
This job requires seniority in ensuring that the company is fully complaint with the constantly changing legislative requirements and regulations administered by statutory bodies on current and future regulated markets. We need to stay ahead of the curve by developing and implementing the correct policies and procedures, of which requirements are constantly changing. As key legal counsel of the companies, you will also be required to handle all contractual requirements as well as intellectual property rights and litigation, all while providing sound legal advice and support for the business.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents and commercial contracts as well as providing feedback on legal terms and conditions.
- Ensuring that the group of companies are always fully compliant with the stringent requirements and regulations applicable across multiple jurisdictions, on an ongoing and ever changing basis.
- Provision of advice and guidance from a legal perspective across all aspects of the business.
- Assisting in regulatory projects such as license applications, policies and procedures, as well as in corporate structure and tax related projects.
What you know.
- You understand the principles of fraud prevention
You are no stranger to the anti-fraud domain. You understand that important of risk mitigating measures and are keen to improve on existing strategies to combat fraud.
- You know that communication is key
You are able to communicate, with both R&P agents and other departments.. You understand that you will be dealing with delicate cases that require a certain level of knowledge to enable you to diffuse and resolve situations with tact & diplomacy.
- You know data
You command strong excel and data mining skills. You are capable in presenting robust fraud cases to internal and external clients
Who you are.
- You are experienced within Risk and Payments
You have at least 1+ years experience working within a risk and payments team.
- You are a natural leader and mentor
You will be responsible for mentoring and shadowing new members of the team during training. As the TL, you will also be responsible for providing guidance for agents should they require any.
- You love multi-tasking
You are comfortable working on different tasks simultaneously. You find no difficulty in switching between multiple systems and do not necessarily need to follow a linear workflow to complete each task.
- You are thorough and diligent in your approach
You take pride in your work and its quality. Double checking your work is second-nature to you.
Education / Qualifications
- Law Degree with at least 3 years experience in a similar field.
- Extensive experience in commercial contracts, preferably in iGaming or other e-commerce, information technology, or general software field.
- Fluent English speaker
- Previous experience dealing with regulators and license applications.
- Commercially minded individual, with a sense of humor, and the ability
- to work under pressure.
- Highly Organized
Who we are.
We are creative. We look to each other to inspire creativity and spark innovation and we understand that dreaming big is just as important as working hard. We’re a young, fresh, culture who share values and attitudes, and it is that shared culture that pushes us to achieve more, to believe in better and to think differently…. Very differently.
We find inspiration in the story of the underdog because to us, there are no roadblocks, only speed-bumps. Life at Max Entertainment is everything you’d expect it to be. Great people doing great things in a great place. We’ve carefully create the perfect blend of work/play balance that delivers great results.